Thursday, February 9, 2017

Advice to Incoming Freshies

Being in middle school, everything seems to be all figured out and moving to the next level won’t be so different. Same people, different location, right? Nope. As much as I hated accepting the fact at first, but, life doesn’t make exceptions with throwing obstacles at you. Everything changes each year and you have to adapt.
It was hard leaving some people in the past but I’m glad I did. Don’t waste time being lost about the change and what it means and listen to where your heart is yearning to go. Being alone is not a bad thing, you should honestly cherish the time and see what you want in life and care about what you want and not others. The big problem when I had a big clan was that I couldn’t hear my thoughts over their voices and that’s a problem because I am my own person and no voice matters over your own.

Being alone does not make you a loner, it gives you freedom to do as you desire. Go and mingle with whoever you want, make friends, get to know staff (may be strange but it is good to know more people at school), get ahead on work, etc. The possibilities are endless! Going back in time, my freshman self would tell you to not focus on popularity and focus on yourself and your future. You may have heard this before, but half of the people you walk in with don’t come out with you. I hope you make the greatest decisions during this time and good luck.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, I already know some staff, my father is a math teacher there. Anyways thank you for the advise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for that advice. I also agree with you about being my own person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving advice I will remember this. I will try to follow your advice because I get what you mean. I use to think that if you're alone then there is something wrong with you but now I know it okay to be alone and do things for myself and not other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the advice! I will try to follow your steps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this was really good advice and I will keep it in mind !! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,This is really good advice I'll try your way

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the part at the last paragraph. You stated "half the people you walk in with don't come out with you.-Jacob Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it's true. Unless, you and your friends are like family.

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for the advice, I will do my best to follow your instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This seems very helpful and Thanks on the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am usually alone to get my mind straight, but I never thought that this could be a good thing. I understand you when you talk about changes because it is sometimes hard to adapt to new things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gave me some very helpful advice so when or if my friends do leave me i can be alone with myself and not have to depend on anyone.

    ReplyDelete